You are here

Submit to the 2014 Translation Issue of "Pakn Treger"

Jump to new post

Stempenyu

I'm so sorry that this is such short notice; it completely slipped my mind to make this post.

If you haven't already heard, the call for submissions to the 2014 translation issue of the Pakn Treger (the Yiddish Book Center's magazine) is out.  Guidelines below:

Submissions can be translations of any genre of Yiddish literature, including but not limited to poetry, prose, drama, memoir, and belles lettres.  Submissions should be no more than 5,000 words in length and should include a short introduction (approximately 150 words) providing essential historical, literary, and biographical context.  The translator's name and contact information must be on each page of the submission.

Translators whose pieces are selected for publication will receive $100 for their work.  Please note that translators are responsible for securing the rights to translate the work and publish their translation.

The deadline for submission is January 15, 2014.  (Sorry again for the short notice.)

Questions or submissions can be sent to translationissue@bikher.org.

Stempenyu

For reference, you can look at a digital edition of the 2013 translation issue here:

http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/pakn-treger-2013-translation-issue

Edited on: 01/10/2014 - 12:16 pm

reyze

Oh no!  Do you take any late submissions?  Too bad this wasn't in the YBC email newsletter (I'm pretty sure)...

Stempenyu

Unfortunately not.  By all means submit to next year's, and I'll pass along that we should mention it in the newsletter when the call for submissions goes out.

reyze

Thanks!